Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sharing Some Valentine’s Day Love


Sharing Some Valentine’s Day Love

A year or two ago, when I was still in high school, I wanted to make sure all my friends felt good on Valentine’s day not just my Valentine. So I took my yarn collection and spent a couple days while watching TV making a bunch of different colored crochet hearts.
  I filled an old chocolate box so I must have had at least 50. I also included in the box a crocheting hook and a ball of pink and a ball of yellow yarn so I could replenish my stock. I started off the day by letting each of my friends pick their favorites and through each class I would crochet while listening.
  I gave a heart to each of my teachers and by the end of the day when I knew all of my friends had a heart, anyone sitting near me got one. Almost my whole health class got a heart that day and I think the thing that made it most special is that they actually got to see me make them =) so they saw the love and care I put into each one. Also I didn’t just hand them a heart I told each and every person why they were getting a heart. Most sounded like this “because your special and everyone deserves love on Valentine’s Day”.
 This year I’m going to try to outdo myself and scale it up. This year not only will I be giving them out, but I will be giving a few to each of my friends and they’ll be handing them out. So not only will my friends get that great feeling, but more people can receive a heart =). I’ll post later saying how many I made and how well it went =) seeya then. 

I used June Gilbank’s pattern from her blog Planet June http://www.planetjune.com/blog/free-crochet-patterns/love-hearts/    I used the "A: small heart" for my hearts. Its a great pattern. It's clear, concise, and quick to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment