Saturday, November 24, 2012

Belated Description of the Thanksgiving Door Decorations

My roommate and I realized immediately that if we really wanted to decorate our door for Thanksgiving/ Fall the first thing we needed was a wreath, but neither of us had a wreath. So instead of buying one I logged on to Pinterest to brainstorm some ideas. What I found was some scarf wrapped wreaths. I just happened to find a pretty brown scarf recently and my roommate had a steering wheel cover, but no car. So if you combine those you have the wreath pictured below.







We then decided that addinig leaves would make it even more fall like. So on our way walking across campus on our way back from lunch my roommate and I collected some of our favorite leaves. These are a great idea because they are free and alllllll over my campus. Also a really fun and relaxing outdoor activity. I think it would be really fun to do with kids. After we brought the leaves back we just stuck the stem sides of the leaves into the scarf. 





Then as Thanksgiving got closer I decided that I wanted to do turkeys but I wasn't quite sure how until I found this idea on Pinterest. I'm always looking for ideas to use toilet paper rolls, because I save them thinking they are soooo useful, but sometimes have trouble finding uses and I hate to just throw them away. Just used a toilet paper roll, a paper plates, glue/tape, something to color with, and some construction paper. 


I think this also would be a super fun project to do with kids. There are so many different ways to interpret and make a turkey that when a couple of my friends made some all of our turkeys looked completely different. We wound up with 3 turkeys around our door at the end. I found that they also make really cute center pieces or even napkin holders. good luck and I hope this inspired some holiday DIY. Will be posting my decorations for Christmas as soon as I do them. I have some great ideas and I can't wait to share them. =)

2 comments:

  1. http://windblownwhimsy.blogspot.com/2011/08/college-dame.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww =) I like the crocheted Pb &J she has on there and the seal =)

      Delete