Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas Gifts I Made This Year

              The first gift I worked on this holiday season was my sister Britney's weather scarf. She is going to school for meteorology, so I thought it would be cute if she could tell the weather everyday with her scarf. I'm glad she liked it and I look forward to seeing it in her outdoor weather casts in the future.




              The second gift I finished was this skull scarf for my sister Magan. She was unavailable to model it so Mike was kind enough to volunteer. There are skull beads crocheted into the fabric and the ends of the scarf are about 5 inches of just black with no skulls. 



                 The next one, Meredith sent me a picture of some finger less gloves that she liked. They had scales and changed color fluidly as the went up. Unfortunately the author of the image did not include a pattern so I had to wing it. This is my result, they do not change colors as fluidly, but I think they have a neat look. She liked them and that's all that's important. I really liked them so even if she didn't I would hang on to them =)


                For her boyfriend, who is the before mentioned Mike, I made a blue and white hat. He gave me the yarn a couple weeks ago, so I gave it back to him in the form of a scarf. 


This is the last big gift I finished was this cat for my nanny. The body is just a rectangle folded and sewed together to make legs. The head is a hourglass shaped piece, folded in half, and sewn. The ears are made by pushing the poly-fil out of the corners and sewing across



I also made a lady bug bookmark, but unfortunately I don't have a picture of it. Post again soon =)

No comments:

Post a Comment