Tuesday, March 27, 2012

My Dream to Yarn Bomb

I have always had the dream to yarn bomb and even though I'm much to busy to attempt it right now it is always on either the first or the second thing on my mind. I guess the planning phase of yarn bombing is being thoroughly covered =) There are quite a few thing that I could yarn bomb at my school, but one of these these I keep coming back to and say "if only" in my head is the statue about 20feet up on the front of the library. I pass it every day to go to class. I was re-reminded of my fantasy when me and my friend found this picture done by the school magazine. This is kinda what i have been wanting to do with slight differences and I would be using yarn (duh) =)





The one thing I worried about was damaging the statue. First off its my school and I didn't want to get in trouble for causing damage. Second its a really beautiful statue in the first place and i didn't want to have to mess it up just for it to look awesome for a short period of time. Third if all goes well and that includes not damaging the statue i thought it might be cool if it wasn't just a one time thing and that would never happen if I damaged the statue while doing it. So I've been thinking pretty consistently on it for about 4 months. I thought maybe duck tape, but that might damage the statue. I thought stick tack, but that might fall off. I thought many idea and just as I was about to give up I thought of this one. Command strips! They stick strong and come off easy. At first I thought I may have to staple the yarn to the command strips, then I tried it and realized it messed with the release mechanism. So I'm like "I might as well try it and it worked1 showed in the video below. I was pretty cool and this makes application soooo much easier. Wish i could get a discount on strips though. =)

 
Maybe soon you'll see a video/picture here when i get the time. Gotta ask permission first =) no way I could sneak that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment